Friendship is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings will last forever,Anonim
I automatically assume people won’t like me, so I don’t talk to them unless they approach me first. I can’t become a part of a crowd because I can’t get past that feeling that I don’t belong.Stephanie Kuehner (via psych-facts)
Your shoes are much more important than you think. People draw many conclusions about a person based on what shoes they’re wearing.(via psych-facts)
Resolutions aren’t just for New Years anymore. Think about your relationship and what you’d like to accomplish or change or improve on. You can set some resolutions on your own, as well as with your partner. Telling a friend about them will help you stay on track. Here are some examples of relationship resolutions that you might want to make:
- Appreciate each other more. It’s so easy to fall into the routine of day-to-day life together and start taking each other for granted. Set a resolution to take time to appreciate each other more. Make a concrete plan and it will be easier to stick to and measure. For example, you might take time each day to tell each other one thing that you appreciate about the other person. You’ll have to remind yourself to do it at first, but then it will become a habit that you both look forward to. It forces you to take a step back from busy lives and makes you focus on each other.
- Spend more quality time together. You and your partner probably see each other lots but is it real, quality time? We are often so busy rushing around, running errands, studying, and hanging out in groups that time can quickly go by without you and your partner spending any quality time together. Make a resolution to spend one night a week just the two of you, without distraction. Pick something that’s fun and simply enjoy each other’s company.
- Talk about problems right away. Small annoyances can grow into big fights and resentments if you keep them to yourself and let them brew. Make a resolution to voice any problems or concerns to your partner right away and deal with them. The second step of this resolution is to move on afterwards without holding a grudge.
- Be more romantic. You probably made lots of time for romance when you first started dating, but it’s easy to get comfortable and let it slide when you get more familiar with each other. Make a resolution to do one romantic thing each week for your partner. Anything from surprising them with flowers, to sending them a thoughtful text. Your partner will be thrilled with the attention and will hopefully reciprocate!
- Try new things. Don’t get caught in a relationship rut where you always do the same things together, go to the same restaurants and spend time with the same group of people. Make a resolution as a couple to try something new every week. It could be a new restaurant, a new sport or activity that you’ve never tried, or anything else that’s a new experience for both of you to enjoy together.
Banyak hal dalam hidup saya yang harus saya sesali. Hal-hal yang kalau diingat lagi, kalau dipikir lagi, rasanya ingin sekali memutar kembali waktu untuk meluruskan dan memperbaiki semuanya. Terlalu banyak sampai saya terkadang lupa bahwa banyak hal besar dalam hidup saya yang saya sia-siakan. Entah… Mungkin karena saya termasuk orang yang tegas tapi plin-plan. Tegas dalam beberapa hal tapi juga mudah untuk berubah haluan. Namun diantara sekian banyak hal itu, ada satu hal yang saya patut sesali, pun harus saya syukuri. Satu hal yang untuk sebagian orang adalah salah satu hal paling bodoh yang pernah saya lakukan. Dan itu adalah kembalinya saya ke Indonesia.